AMS Vision & Aims
Our vision is to provide high quality services and support for the development of excellence in Muslim schools; nurturing love of knowledge, continuous pursuit of taqwa (God consciousness) and Ihsan (excellence) in all spheres of life for learners and educators.
Our aims are to:
- Ensure that the views and interests of Muslim schools are accurately and effectively represented to statutory bodies, educational organisations and in the wider public sphere; with demonstrable impact of their work rigorously evidenced.
- Encourage and promote education and schooling for Muslim children that is rooted in Islamic principles and values through the development of materials, resources and capacity building support for Muslim schools from their infancy to maturation and growth.
- Promote and enhance effective collaboration between member schools with a view to raising educational standards, nurturing creativity in the Islamic education pedagogy, developing a new generation of role model educators and nurturing excellence in the spiritual character of their students.
- Provide a forum for discussion and unity amongst all those involved or interested in Islamic education that desire to make a difference to the lives of children, young people and families.
- Promote better understanding and positive relationships between different faiths and cultural traditions within the UK and contribute to the creation of a harmonious and cohesive society that is based on principles of mutual respect, justice and sound acquisition and application of holistic education.