Expert Safeguarding Surgery
Date & Time
Tuesday 13 December 2016
10:00am - 2:00pm
Gerrard's Lodge, 145 High Street
Prices start from £0.00
28 spaces available
This workshop is designed for all leaders to gain a high level of understanding about what it takes to ensure good Safeguarding practices at their school.
Led by a vastly experienced HMI, the session will also allow attendees to ask questions and bring in documentation to establish whether correct systems are being followed.
The course will look at:
- New changes to the Single Central Record register standards
- Advice on how to maintain good staff records (attendees will be required to bring in sample files)
- New changes to the Safeguarding regulations and an explanation of Protected characteristics
This is an unmissable opportunity for leaders to have their Safeguarding practices checked by an inspector and to receive advice on what to do next.
Paul Armitage is a qualified teacher and has extensive inspection experience in the UK and abroad. During his time as HMI for Ofsted, he undertook a wide range of inspection activities across all phases of education in both the maintained and independent sectors. He has also inspected teacher training and inspected secular as well as a wide range of faith schools including Muslim, Jewish, Sikh and Christian schools.
Paul’s track record also includes:
- secondment to HM Government at a ministerial advisory level
- secondment to the National Audit Office
- Quality assuring Ofsted reports before being sent for final approval
- Reporting Inspector for the Independent Schools Inspectorate (ISI)
- Leading to the independent school inspection remit of one of the Ofsted inspection providers
- Co-authoring the Abu Dhabi private school inspection framework, school self-evaluation form and guidance
Paul now undertakes private consultancy work and very recently conducted safeguarding reviews of independent schools in the UK and Europe as a result of a contract sponsored by Deloitte. He also undertakes school improvement and safeguarding reviews of maintained schools and independent schools as a result of a contract with Incyte.
Bookings are closed for this event.