PE Teachers Training:
FA Primary Teachers Award
Date & Time
Thursday 11 May 2017
9:00am - 4:00pm
The Sports Lounge
Prices start from £40.00
21 spaces available
FA Primary Teachers Award
Course Leader: Sarah Green, FA Regional PE Co-ordinator (East Midlands)
In partnership The ESFA, The FA and the Association of Muslim Schools are running a FA Primary Teachers Award. This is a course designed for any practicing or aspiring primary school teachers. It has been hugely successful in developing teachers’ confidence to deliver high quality PE.
The course presents ideas for lessons using games based around movement skills for 5–11 year olds and the basic principles of invasion games. The tutors show how differentiation and assessment for learning can be embedded in PE lessons and also give guidance to those teachers who might run a school team.
The course is applicable for those who wish to build on their existing knowledge and those with little confidence of PE or football.
Throughout the course, the tutors will also explain the importance of high quality PE in schools in order to develop confidence, self-esteem and belief amongst children and also the benefits of PE in raising academic achievement across other school subjects.
Candidates will gain a resource booklet and a recognised qualification on completion*.
At the end of the course the learner will:
- Have a greater awareness of the contribution of invasion games have to KS1 & 2 PE purpose of study
- Understand The FA’s playing and coaching philosophy (England DNA)
- Understand how to set up an organised football activity session
- Understand how to organise basic FUNdamental games to help develop Physical Literacy
- Have an understanding of how to modify practices to manage difference
- Understand how to set up 4v4 games for young players
- Have an understanding of how to further their knowledge and understanding of association football through attending relevant courses.
Aimed at: Primary-level PE Teachers
*Please note only qualified teachers (those holding a PGCE or QTS) will receive a recognised qualification on completion. Unqualified teachers are still able to attend to benefit from the training and will receive the resource booklet.
The training is provided free of charge by the English Schools Football Association, however a small fee is charged to cover the cost of venue hire and catering.
To book tickets for this event, please use the form below and click on ‘Submit Booking’
EARLY BIRD BOOKING DEADLINE : Friday 28 April
Confirm your booking before this date to receive a discount.
Booking terms and conditions:
- Bookings are only confirmed when AMS has received a booking form and payment.
- Early bird and group discounts only apply when payment has been received before the deadline.
- Schools with outstanding payment due to AMS will not be eligible for early bird discounts until their balance is cleared.
- All workshops have a limited capacity – once reached, no further bookings can be taken for that workshop. If, on the day, spaces become available due to cancellations, delegates may request to attend this workshop during registration.
- Member discounts apply to schools who have paid their subscription for AMS membership and have no outstanding payments due. For more information about membership please click here.
- Organisations who are not eligible for AMS membership (i.e. not a registered full-time day school with an Islamic ethos) can purchase a Service Pack and attend AMS events at member rates as well as enjoy a host of other benefits. Alternatively, you may attend the event as a non-member.
- Bookings cancelled 29 days or more before the event date will be refunded in full.
- Bookings cancelled 15 to 28 days before the event date will be refunded minus a £10.00 charge per ticket to cover administration costs.
- Bookings cancelled 8 to 14 days before the event date be refunded minus a £20.00 charge per ticket to cover administration costs.
- Bookings cancelled 7 days or less before the event date will not be refunded.
- In the event workshops are cancelled, AMS will refund the full amount.