At least two years of teaching experience in two or more contrasting schools (one may be your current).
- Your two years of teaching experience is undertaken in whole classes, where you’ve planned, taught and assessed pupils over time. Cover is usually not suitable experience for AO.
- If you have taught in only one school, a teaching placement of between 3-6 weeks in another school will be required prior to the start of the route. We may be able to assist you in organising a placement school.
- If you have taught in a second school, evidence of planning, marking, assessing and reporting on pupils’ work is required.
- The AO route is not an Initial Teacher Training programme and all candidates must be fully ready for assessment at the time of application. The application and interview process will review candidates’ eligibility and places are allocated when requirements have been met.
- You should be currently teaching your subject in a school to full classes for at least 50% of a full school timetable (approximately 12 hours per week).
- Support from your employing school is required throughout the course.
- There may be further checks if you have lived or worked outside the UK.