Deputy Head Teacher & Safeguarding Lead - Full time
We are looking to recruit a Full Time deputy head teacher and safegurading lead to join our excellent team of staff.
The ideal candidate will:
- Have an honours degree, as recognised by a British university, or its equivalent. In addition, level 2 qualifications or higher, in Maths, English, Science and ICT. Preferably a level 5 qualification.
- Preferably Quilified Teacherand higher education
- Prior experience of safeguarding, planning, assessment, school improvement, Behaviour management, use of ICT
- Preferably prior teaching experience in a UK school and experience of subject leadership.
- Core Purpose and Accountability
To play a major role under the direction of the Headteacher in formulating the aims and objectives of the school, establishing the policies through which they shall be achieved, managing staff and resources to achieve the aims and objectives of the school and monitor progress towards their achievement.
- Undertake the professional duties of the Deputy Headteacher reasonably delegated to you by the Headteacher
- Undertake the professional duties of the Headteacher, in the event of her absence from the school.
- In partnership with the Headteacher and the Senior Leadership Team, provide professional leadership and management of Teaching and Learning throughout the school.
- To provide professional leadership and management of School Development Plan priorities.1.6 To undertake teaching responsibilities when required
- To oversee the pastoral care, behaviour management and careers/aspirational guidance for all pupils
- To support pastoral staff by leading some investigations and taking requisite follow up action in relation to pupils, parents, external agencies and staff.
- To lead school assemblies as appropriate.
- Assume the role of the designated safeguarding lead (DSL)
For more information or to apply please visit https://quwwatulislam.com/vacancies/
About the School
Quwwat-ul-Islam Girls’ School was established in August 2003 and is located behind Quwwat-ul-Islam Masjid (Upton Lane, E7). Initially, the school enrolled just fifty pupils however over time, by the Grace of Allah, the school expanded and has gone from strength to strength. In September 2005 the school was extended to cater for Secondary pupils also.
The School has around 215 pupils and caters for children from Reception to the end of Year 11, teaching the National Curriculum Subjects as well as providing a solid Islamic education within a nurturing Islamic environment.
As a school we are committed to the safeguarding of children and adults. All jobs offer will be subjected to a DBS Check and two satisfactory written references