Contract: Part Time/One year rolling over contract
Report to: Headteacher
Hours: 22.5 hours
Timings: 8:00am to 4:00pm
Application Deadline: 31st March 2023
To provide efficient planning and administrative support to the Leadership Team in relation to their relevant responsibilities for events, clubs and activities, educational and residential trips. To assist in the organisation and management of internal and external events that promote the school to prospective and existing parents.
- To assist with the school’s arrangements for the open evening, induction day and attending each event to support and assist with the smooth running of it.
- To assist with the coordination of the parents meetings and coffee mornings.
- To support the coordination and administration of events such as the Annual Huffadh Graduation Ceremony, Annual Spring Fair and Y11 Graduation.
- To assist with the creation and preparation of promotional material for school events and to assist with the management of the website.
- To assist with the preparation of the events calendar for the academic year.
- To coordinate fundraising events/projects.
To lead and coordinate the administration of educational trips, residential trips and visitors to the school, ensuring that all paperwork is completed correctly and information collated, prepared and distributed by specified timescales.
- To review the events school’s calendar and arrange meetings with the class tutors to discuss the administrative requirements for educational trips, residential trips or school visits.
- To issue correspondence to parents provided by class tutors, SLT and approved by the Head.
- To maintain the school’s booking system for any trip or visit that may incur a cost and communicate with parents who have late or incomplete bookings.
- To collate any information relating to registers, consents, pupil medical details or allergens which are required prior to any trip taking place.
- To collate all information required for each trip and to ensure all staff attending the trip and the Head, or other nominated member of SLT, receive a copy of all trip’s information.
- To undertake filing, texting, emailing as required. To assist capturing photography and video of internal events that can be used on social media.
- To undertake any other tasks as reasonably requested to assist with the smooth and efficient running of school administration.
The successful applicant must be in sympathy with the aims and ethos of London East Academy and Al Mizan School, have excellent written and communication skills, be an excellent team player and be willing to learn and embrace working in an educational environment. The ideal candidate will be a self-starter who can operate with autonomy and learns quickly.