General description of the post:
Al-Khair Secondary School is a high achieving school, which has an excellent academic as well as pastoral record. We place the utmost importance on nurturing our students in a holistic manner to be the best they can whatever their chosen specialisation may be in the future. If you share our values and would like to be a part of our rewarding vision, please send in your CV and a covering letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications will be reviewed upon receipt and shortlisted candidates will be invited to an interview.
The closing date is 28th January and interviews will commence from 31st Jan - 4th Feb
The start date is May 1st or earlier.
Salary starts from: £22,500-£29.500 depending upon qualifications and experience.
Duties and Responsibilities
The following duties are included in the professional duties which a teacher will be required to perform:-
- The schools high achieving Math department are looking to offer the right person a fantastic opportunity to further their knowledge and skills by working with some of the hardest working pupils in South London. The school is looking for a well-rounded individual with a commitment to the school and to teach to the highest standard.
- You will work with others to plan and coordinate lessons in line with the current curriculum.
- You will require the ability to plan interesting lessons that appeal and engage pupils.
- The school offers continual professional development to all its teachers and any successful NQT will have access to an excellent induction year or an opportunity to launch their initial teacher training. If candidates do not currently have a QTS, this can be facilitated by the school.
- The right person will have a calm nature, good student related experience and have the ability to build rapport with the pupils.
- Works closely with the head of department on all developing projects within the school, taking the initiative to work individually on these matters where required.
Knowledge, skills, and competencies required:
- Al-Khair school seek an articulate, dedicated, hardworking and passionate individual who is actively looking to develop this role into their own and one that benefits the school overall.
- A degree holder
- Good literacy and ICT skills
- Clear communication skills
- An easy manner- be able to work effectively as a team and individually
- Time management skills - You will be required to multi-task
- Strongly support our vision and actively be involved in the school's high expectations.
- Be a positive & enthusiastic role model for our pupils.
- You will also need the confidence and classroom presence to ensure students are engaged.
- Supporting the aims and Islamic ethos of the school. The post holder is expected to follow the guidelines provided in the staff handbook.
Assessments and Reports:
- Providing or contributing to oral and written assessments, reports and references relating to individual pupils and groups of pupils.
- Participating, if required, in any scheme of staff development and performance review.
- Reviewing from time to time his/her methods of teaching and programmes of work;
- Participating in arrangements for his/her further training and professional development as a teacher.
- Advising and co-operating with the Head of Department in the preparation and development of courses of study, teaching materials, teaching programmes, methods of teaching and assessment and pastoral arrangements.
Discipline, Health and Safety:
- Maintaining good order and discipline among pupils in accordance with the policies of the employing authority and safeguarding their health and safety both when they are authorised to be on the school premises and when they are engaged in authorised school activities elsewhere.
- Participating in meetings at the school which relate to the curriculum for the school or the administration or organisation of the school, including pastoral arrangements
- Supervising and teaching any pupils whose teacher is not present if needed.
- Participating in arrangements for preparing pupils for public examinations and in assessing pupils for the purposes of such examinations; recording and reporting such assessments; and participating in arrangements for pupils’ presentation for and supervision during such examinations.
- Promoting the general progress and well-being of individual pupils and of any class or group of pupils assigned to him/her;
- Providing guidance and advice to pupils on educational and social matters and on their further education and future careers including information about sources of more expert advice on specific questions, making relevant records and reports;
- Making records of and reports on the personal and social needs of pupils.
- Communicating and consulting with the parents of pupils and with such persons or bodies outside the school as may be approved by the employing authority.
- Participating in meetings arranged for any of the purposes described above.
This job description may be amended at any time following discussion between the Headmistress and the member of staff.
Al Khair School is committed to safeguarding the welfare, health and safety of all pupils. Every post is subject to an enhanced DBS check and any other necessary checks.